What is the best way to keep your makeup looking fresh throughout the day without looking cakey?
Submitted by: Alicia Sarabia
AV – This is a great question to ask. First you must start out with high quality professional products, so that is one thing that should never happen. Then make sure not to use too much moisturizer under your foundation! Many people think that will prevent dryness or aka “Cakey-ness” but it adds to the issue by not allowing the Foundation to perform. It actually will make it worse.
Make sure you exfoliate the dead skin cells off at least 2-3 times a week with a gentle scrub. I prefer to do it in the shower with the warm steamy air while your skin is more supple, it is kinder to the skin ;)! Dry skin certainly adds to Foundations getting cakey so keep health of skin managed & hydrated at nite! Then you are always ready for flawless in the day time.
I have one product that is a performer. My Facial Cocktail Mist, I pioneered this product as many tried over the years to copy it. This is a book in of itself for another question later on lol. This is made for keeping and maintaining the Flawless skin as it is a 4 in 1 product. Hydrates through and over the foundation, after your powdering job it softens and literally morphs the powder into the foundation making your skin appear like a young teen! Refreshes your face all through the day depending on your skin & weather you may spray it on as often as you would like.
Recommending for a long lasting makeup use 3 times from application into the evening. Fourthly it sets the makeup so it does stay on for lasting power!
That gives you the confidence of no cakey or dry looking skin while it smells heavenly and feels so refreshing! Imagine a no calorie Cocktail 😉 xo
What colours can I use on my eyes so they pop?
Submitted by: Elizabeth Houle
AV – This is such a fun question it is powerful to know this answer!! I do get asked this so often maybe one of the most asked questions. I have my own theory that has always worked so well for me & my clients. Or anybody I share this knowledge with. We all have different chips or flecks of colors in our Iris’ of our eyes. Even if you have blue eyes many people have bits of yellow or golden dots or a bit of hazel flecks. Sometimes they even are rimed with a deeper color around the Iris! If you have green same thing. Now if you have Brown dark or medium you will usually have little tiny bits of maybe a rusty color around the pupil. I love looking into somebody’s eyes it is one of the most intriguing things on the face for me to gaze at. Like an oil painting or a kaleidoscope. Eyes are definitely the Windows to our souls I believe that myth completely! Knowing that imagine if done right how empowering you can enhance them with the right colors!! You will be intoxicating and get that mate or job, or just feel great! Sorry I am long winded when I start to express or explain.
1) Pick and write down on a post it the colors that you have in your eyes, go to natural light and you will find at least 3-5 colors. That right there is God’s or Natures pallet for your eye shadows, liners and pencils!! That is your guide and map! You will never go wrong using any of those as they are part of YOU & your genetic makeup no pun intended! Say I.E. you have brown eyes and most people say to me that it is boring. NO WAY! With the brown comes rust, sometimes a navy ring around the iris, golds, green flecks and always our black pupil. That is a lot of colors.
Then of course you use the lighter colors to hi light your eyes or lids or brow bones, the darker colors save for your riming around the eye over top your liners if crayon a tip is it hold and sets the oil base liners!! Then in the crease and the outer V the corner of your eyes. My Book Alexis Vogel Celebrity Prof Secrets & Techniques teaches all of this and more! Also my Shadow Shaper tool I designed the only one on the planet does miracles in less than a minute!!! So there you have it is short version the Book has much more detail and chapters on this topic! Plus Instructional Tutorials I wrote!
I hope this was informative and fun. I do get a bit intense at times. I will pick a more fun question next or let Pamela do the next one 😉 hahaha!!
If you were stranded on an Island, what MAKEUP would you be sure to bring?
Submitted by: Wendy Lee
AV – Fun question and hilarious too if we were stranded how could we be sure to bring anything, we would not be prepared or ok let’s play this that we knew ;)! Ok and trust me we have been stranded and it was scary as heck makeup is the last thing you think of!! I may tell this story or not let me see how far I get. Item no. one a male Makeup Artist is that fair? He would have more then everything so we would be set haha in more ways than makeup too I would hope! But if he were not allowed, here is the list for me this is Alexis here:
- Under Eye Cream is my #1 addiction!! Nobody would see me so I would rather have things I would really want and need!!
- Toothbrush for sure even if I had to use salt water!
- Major hi-end Lip Balm with real oils like Kiel’s or Rosebud! I have a lip phobia & have never had dry lips because I am such a full on Lip hydrating freak with natural products with real essential oils, no wax junk like a chap stick all that does is dry they out more!!
- Would be I guess perfume because it makes me feel so darn good no matter what the mood it elevates mine to a higher level of happiness!!! A must must have!!
- Then I would say my Facial Cocktail Mist to keep my skin and face super hydrated from the weather, salty air and water and it is uber hydrating to the skin and refreshing too!! Smells Devine I am fully into scents and smells as again they are mood elevators and I imagine after a while you can get a bit land locked or home sick right? Unless Gilligan was there to entertain us!! 😉 LOL. You see even for me a makeup maniac would rather have other products if nobody is there to see me? I am into maintenance!! That is a huge key and then when you do apply your makeup after you get saved then you will look that much better or in your everyday life!! It is now 3 am and I am going to continue after some well-deserved Beauty Sleep!!!
- Oh did I do number 6)? If not I would have to say a few cases of Champagne to keep me or us if Pamela is with me extremely super Happy. It Is happy juice right? That would be a must have!! It would be like water and food ( Grapes lol ) all in one a new Diet!! I think that would make #7! Ha haaa!! AV
Pam – I’d bring coconut oil. I use it for moisturizer, for my hair – I have it in my diet. Lipgloss- it is everything. If I had to bring a makeup product. It might be a black eyeliner?
What’s a typical food day for Pam and how does she stay so fit?
Submitted by: Anne DeMarco
Pam – I am as vegan as I can be. The same for 20 years. I never was a big meat eater… I find out about new ways tonbe a better vegan all the time. It is a lifestyle. Eating compassionately was one of the first steps I made. It is a journey. I hope other people try.. As I do. No one is perfect – even if you reduce animal products into your system – you are making the world a better place.
How long has Pamela been a devout vegetarian?
Submitted by: Tammi Gilbert
Pam – I have been versions of vegetarian leaning towards vegan for over 20 years. But it is an imperfect practice. I grew up on deer and moosemeat. It wasnt hard to give that up. And my father stopped hunting after I had a melt down finding a deer hanging upside down in the pump house with no head. I must have been 7 or 8 yrs old. That did it for me. I realized where meat came from and that was the start of being an activist for all living beings.